- Instrument Variety
- Leverage: (200:1)
- Scalping: Allowed
- Spreads: From 0.2p
- Regulation: HCMC (Greece)
- History: Clean
- User Feedback
AAAFX, owned by Zulutrade, is a reputable, Greek-registered, forex company, running since 2008. With tight spreads of 0.9 pips for institutional accounts, 1.9 pips for retail accounts, it offers better trading conditions than 90% of brokers. Beyond that the instrument variety is pretty good, and generally speaking clients are happy with this broker.
- Company: AAAFx is a Greek based Forex and Contract for Difference brokerage which is in turn a subsidiary of ZuluTrade Inc.
- Founded: AAAFx was founded in 2008, while parent company ZuluTrade was founded in 2006.
- Payment Options: Debit and Credit Cards, Bank Wire and a selection of payment services including Moneybookers.
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4 or ZuluTrade.
- Accounts Available: In major currencies.
- Minimum Deposit: $300.
- Regulation: Regulated in Greece by the HCMC (MiFID Regulated)
- Social Trading: ZuluTrade.
- Support Options: Email, Live Chat and Phone.
The primary platform available at AAAFx is the ever popular ZTP (ZuluTradePlus). MetaTrader is also enabled. The MetaTrader platform developed by MetaQuotes is extremely popular among Forex traders and is the platform of choice for many of those trading the foreign exchange markets. The AAAFx MetaTrader platform functions just as you would expect MetaTrader 4 to do and allows for the use of Expert Advisors. Apart from MT4 AAAFx doesn’t offer any other trading platforms with the exception of ZTP. This is largely due to the fact that AAAFx is operated by the owners of the ZuluTrade social trading platform, meaning that AAAFx has become the brokerage of choice for those wishing to trade via the ZuluTrade platform. Using AAAFx has a number of benefits, for instance is the brokerage is fully integrated with the ZuluTrade platform and thus you experience very limited slippage when following signal providers on the ZuluTrade platform. AAAFx also doesn’t charge any commission to traders who opt to use the ZuluTrade platform unlike a number of other brokerages.
- Leverage: Flexible up to 1:200.
- Scalping: Allowed.
- Expert Advisors: Allowed.
- Trailing Stops: Yes.
- Spreads: Variable, 1.9 pips EUR/USD personal accounts, from 0.2 pips on Institutional accounts.
- Minimum Pip Distance stop/limit orders: 4 pips.
Overall trading conditions with AAAFx are pretty good, a typical spread of 1.9 pips on all four major currency pairings is particularly good for a brokerage which offers fixed spreads. This means that AAAFx might make a good choice for those who engage in news trading or other event based trading strategies. Again 0.9 pip typical spread with an institutional account is really quite impressive and will again be useful for those engaging in news trading. MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisors are allowed and their appear to be few limitations on their use, however I haven’t personally been able to set up fixed stop losses or take profits. But this may just be due to the way that I have my Expert Advisor coded. I would have to say trading conditions at AAAFx are pretty favorable and while some brokerages offer significantly more leverage 1:200 should allow you to take on significant positions.
- Number of currency pairings: 61 (including a number of exotic pairings and cryptocurrencies).
- Other instruments: Indices, Precious metals and Commodities.
The range of currency pairings available on the AAAFx platform is particularly impressive and traders will be spoilt for choice. I can’t see any pairings that have been missed out and the vast majority of traders should be able to trade every currency pairing they desire at AAAFx. The non-Forex offering isn’t as impressive but AAAFx does offer a number of commodities and Indices to trade, which does bring some variation to the platform. It is unsurprising that the AAAFx offering is skewed towards Forex, as currently the ZuluTrade network only supports the social trading of currency pairings.
- Contact Methods: Phone, Live Chat and Email.
- Telephone Numbers: A decent range of international numbers.
- Support Available In: Chinese, English, Greek, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
In my personal experience customer service at AAAFx has been pretty good. Customer support representatives are easy to get a hold of and do their best to resolve your problems. It’s nice that AAAFx also provide a number of international telephone numbers which means many traders will be able to get on the telephone and get into contact with the company without any great deal of difficulty. Support is available in a number of international languages which means those who do not have English as a first language should be able to get into contact with the brokerage without any major trouble.
- Regulated: By the HCMC of Greece.
- MiFID Regulated: Yes
- Can accept US traders: No.
- Regulatory Record: Clear.
AAAFx is regulated by the HCMC of Greece which means that the brokerage is MiFID regulated. This ensures a minimum standard of financial regulation as set out by the European Union. This should give traders an extra level of reassurance. As far as I can tell AAAFx has totally clean regulatory record and this should reassure those who wish to deposit with them.
AAAFx provides a pretty good offering and is the premier brokerage for those using the ZuluTrade platform. In addition to this many news and event traders may also be interested in using the brokerage due to the low fixed spreads the brokerage offers.
What did you think of our AAAFx review? If you have had experience with AAAFx or want to ask any questions please feel free to comment below.