- Instrument Variety
- Leverage: (200:1)
- Scalping: Allowed
- Spreads: From 2.2 pips
- Regulation: 9 Regulators*
- History: Clean
- Trading Platform Variety
A great broker choice with a clean sheet operating since 2010 with trading conditions that are potentially better than the average (though there are brokers we have reviewed offering tighter spreads). Variety of over 50 currency pairs, as well as indices, stocks, bonds and commodities. *Registered with FCA for the UK, the BdF in France, CONSOB in Italy, CNMV in Spain, AFM in the Netherlands, BaFin in Germany, FI in Sweden, The Danish FSA, PSZÁF in Hungary, NBS in Slovakia, CNB in the Czech Republic and the FSB in South Africa. More advantages? Not only the MT4, but also Sirix WebTrader, and an HTML5-Mobile-Friendly proprietary Markets.com platform.
To Summarize: A smooth experience!
- About the Company: Markets.com is the primary brand of SafeCap Investments Ltd. a Cypriot company which runs a number of retail Forex brokerages; including ECMarkets, Finexo, ForexYard and most recently Binary Options brand TopOption.
- Founded: SafeCap Investments was founded in 2008, but the Markets.com brand didn’t come into operation until 2010.
- Payment Options: Credit/Debit Cards, WebMoney and Wire Transfer.
- Platforms: MetaTrader 4, Sirix Webtrader, Markets Mobile Trader and Market AutoTrader (Tradency’s Mirror Trader).
- Accounts Available in: EUR, GBP, JPY, PLN and USD.
- Minimum Deposit: $250.
- Regulation: SafeCap Investments is regulated by CySEC (MiFID regulated).
- Social Trading: Through Sirix Webtrader and Mirror Trader.
- Support Options: Live Chat, Email and Phone.
Markets.com offers there clients a range of different platforms to trade with. Likely to be the most popular among serious traders is the very powerful MetaTrader 4 platform which allows traders to undertake various forms of technical analysis, as well as automatically trading the market through the use of Expert Advisors. This is not the only platform available for clients of Markets.com, with the Sirix WebTrader also being on offer. Leverate’s Sirix WebTrader is one of the more impressive web based platforms with a number of social trading features being built directly into the platform and is a good option for those who want to trade the markets but don’t want to use MetaTrader 4. It is also possible to trade on the move with the Markets.com mobile platform, developed using HTML 5 the platform can be accessed by anyone using a mobile device. As mobile trading platforms go the Markets.com offering is pretty impressive and will be of interest to those who are keen to manage positions on the move. Markets.com also offers its clients the ability to use the Market AutoTrader, which is a version of Tradency’s Mirror Trader and may be of interest to those who want to get involved with social trading.
- Leverage: Up t0 1:200 on Forex and up to 1:100 on CFD’s.
- Scalping: Allowed.
- Expert Advisors: Allowed.
- Hedging: Allowed.
- Trailing Stops: Yes.
- Spreads: Variable or Fixed Spread Accounts available. EUR/USD variable target 2.2 pips. EUR/USD fixed 3 pips.
Trading conditions at Markets.com are pretty reasonable. The use of Expert Advisors is allowed but there are certain limitations on how close stop losses can be placed to a newly opened position. Other than this very little limitations are placed on the use of Expert Advisors at Markets.com. The leverage on offer is pretty decent with Markets.com offering leverage of 1:200 on Forex pairings and up to 1:100 on the various CFD’s available on the platform. While other regulated brokerages do offer a higher amounts of leverage, the leverage on offer at Markets.com should be more than enough for the average trader. Markets.com recently introduced the option to choose between fixed or variable spreads, the variable spreads are pretty competitive and are similar to spreads offered by other EU regulated brokerages. The fixed spreads again are similar to those on offer at other brokerages offering fixed spread trading and making a decision regarding whether to use fixed or variable spreads is likely to come down to what trading style you adopt.
- Number of Currency Pairings: 51 (including a number of exotic pairings).
- Other Instruments: Precious Metals, Stocks, Commodities and Bonds.
Markets.com has a very good range of currency pairings available to trade and the vast majority of traders should be able to trade every instrument they desire. Where Markets.com is particularly stands out is in the range of other instruments offered on the platform, with traders having the ability to trade a range of Commodities, Stocks, Bonds and Indices. This impressive range of CFD’s will certainly attract people who are not solely interested in Forex trading and offers up a number of interesting trading opportunities. The ability to trade more than just Forex is something that should be commended and the offering of non-forex instruments at Markets.com is pretty impressive.
- Contact Methods: Phone, Email and Livechat.
- Telephone Numbers: Wide range of international numbers.
- Supported Languages: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
Customer Support at Markets.com is pretty decent and I have never personally had any trouble with customer support. Markets.com have also gone to the trouble of providing a range of international telephone numbers, so that customers can get in contact with the company over the phone without running up massive bills. Markets.com also provides a decent range of support foreign languages which is obviously ideal for those who aren’t native English speakers. Overall, I would have to say that customer support at Markets.com is pretty decent.
- Regulated: By CySEC of Cyprus.
- MiFID Regulated: Yes, can accept clients from throughout the European Union.
- Can Accept US Traders: No.
- Regulatory Record: Without a blemish.
SafeCap Investments Ltd. has a completely clean regulatory record having never received a fine from CySEC or been on the receiving end of any kind of disciplinary action. This is always a positive when looking for a brokerage to operate with, giving a trader an extra level of reassurance. Being regulated by a country signed up to MiFID also ensures a minimum level of regulatory oversight which again is advantage. All in all, from a regulatory standpoint there is nothing awry when it comes to Markets.com and SafeCap Investments Ltd.
In recent years, regulation has became the strongest selling point for Markets.com being licensed in the following jurisdictions: FCA for the UK, the BdF in France, CONSOB in Italy, CNMV in Spain, AFM in the Netherlands, BaFin in Germany, FI in Sweden, The Danish FSA, PSZÁF in Hungary, NBS in Slovakia, CNB in the Czech Republic and the FSB in South Africa.
Those interested in finding a brokerage that offers both Forex and a range of other instruments may well be very interested in trading with Markets.com. Nothing says reputation, trust and regulation more than this brand, that even though it offers fairly standard trading conditions, the fact everything runs the way it supposed to, A to Z, make it superb.
Tell us what you think of our Markets.com Review, if you have had any experiences positive or otherwise we would love to hear from you in the comments.