- About the Company: Markets.com is the primary brand of SafeCap Investments Ltd. a Cypriot company which runs a number of retail Forex brokerages.
- Founded: SafeCap Investments was founded in 2006 and started Markets.com in the same year.
- Payment Options: Credit/Debit Cards, and Wire Transfer.
- Platforms: MetaTrader and Markets WebTrader
- Accounts Available in: EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, PLN and USD.
- Minimum Deposit: $100.
- Regulation: SafeCap Investments is regulated by CySEC (MiFID regulated).
- Support Options: Live Chat and Email.
Markets.com offers there clients a range of different platforms to trade with. Likely to be the most popular among serious traders is the very powerful MetaTrader 4 platform which allows traders to undertake various forms of technical analysis, as well as automatically trading the market through the use of Expert Advisors. This is not the only platform available for clients of Markets.com, with the proprietary HTML5 MarketsWebtrade also being on offer. . It is also possible to trade on the move with the Markets.com mobile platform, developed using HTML 5 the platform can be accessed by anyone using a mobile device. As mobile trading platforms go the Markets.com offering is pretty impressive and will be of interest to those who are keen to manage positions on the move.
- Leverage: Up t0 1:300 on all.
- Scalping: Allowed.
- Expert Advisors: Allowed.
- Hedging: Allowed.
- Trailing Stops: No Longer Offered.
- Spreads: Variable or Fixed Spread Accounts available. EUR/USD variable target 2.2 pips. EUR/USD fixed 3 pips.
Trading conditions at Markets.com are pretty reasonable. The use of Expert Advisors is allowed but there are certain limitations on how close stop losses can be placed to a newly opened position. Other than this very little limitations are placed on the use of Expert Advisors at Markets.com. The leverage on offer is pretty decent with Markets.com offering leverage of 1:300 on all instruments available on the platform. While other regulated brokerages do offer a higher amounts of leverage, the leverage on offer at Markets.com should be more than enough for the average trader. The fixed spreads again are similar to those on offer at other brokerages offering fixed spread trading and making a decision regarding whether to use fixed or variable spreads is likely to come down to what trading style you adopt.
- Number of Currency Pairings: 50 (including a number of exotic pairings).
- Other Instruments: Precious Metals, Stocks, Commodities and Bonds.
Markets.com has a very good range of currency pairings available to trade and the vast majority of traders should be able to trade every instrument they desire. Where Markets.com is particularly stands out is in the range of other instruments offered on the platform, with traders having the ability to trade a range of Commodities, Stocks, Bonds and Indices. This impressive range of CFD’s will certainly attract people who are not solely interested in Forex trading and offers up a number of interesting trading opportunities. The ability to trade more than just Forex is something that should be commended and the offering of non-forex instruments at Markets.com is pretty impressive.
- Contact Methods:Email and Live chat.
Telephone Numbers: Wide range of international numbers.(Phone support discontinued 2017)
- Supported Languages: Arabic,Dutch, English, French, German, and Italian.
Customer Support at Markets.com is pretty decent and I have never personally had any trouble with customer support. The staff is helpful and nice.
- Regulated: By CySEC of Cyprus.
- MiFID Regulated: Yes, can accept clients from throughout the European Union.
- Can Accept US Traders: No.
- Regulatory Record: Without a blemish.
SafeCap Investments Ltd. has a completely clean regulatory record having never received a fine from CySEC or been on the receiving end of any kind of disciplinary action. This is always a positive when looking for a brokerage to operate with, giving a trader an extra level of reassurance. Being regulated by a country signed up to MiFID also ensures a minimum level of regulatory oversight which again is advantage. All in all, from a regulatory standpoint there is nothing awry when it comes to Markets.com and SafeCap Investments Ltd.
In recent years, regulation has became the strongest selling point for Markets.com being licensed in the following jurisdictions: FCA for the UK, BaFin in Germany, and the FSB in South Africa.
Those interested in finding a brokerage that offers both Forex and a range of other instruments may well be very interested in trading with Markets.com. Nothing says reputation, trust and regulation more than this brand, that even though it offers fairly standard trading conditions, the fact everything runs the way it supposed to, A to Z, make it superb.
Tell us what you think of our Markets.com Review, if you have had any experiences positive or otherwise we would love to hear from you in the comments.