- Instrument Variety
- Leverage: (300:1)
- Scalping: Allowed
- Spreads: 2.0 pips
- History: CySEC Fine
- Trading Platform Variety
Markets.com Review’s conclusion is that the company is operating since 2006 with great customer feedback and rock-solid systems. Scalping is allowed, leverage of certain instruments is up to 1:300, and the margins are excellent for a broker at this size. Variety of over 50 currency pairs, as well as indices, stocks, bonds and commodities. Trade on MT4 and an HTML5-Mobile-Friendly proprietary Markets.com platform. Streamlined and easy registration process.
To Summarize: The smoothest experience on the market right now! Markets.com is an excellent choice for both novice and advanced traders.
Basic Facts about Markets.com
- About the Company: Markets.com is the primary brand of SafeCap Investments Ltd. a Cypriot company which runs a number of retail Forex brokerages.
- Founded: 2008.
- Payment Options: Credit/Debit Cards, and Wire Transfer.
- Platforms: MetaTrader and Markets WebTrader
- Accounts Available in: EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, PLN and USD.
- Minimum Deposit: $100.
- Regulation: SafeCap Investments is regulated by CySEC (MiFID regulated).
- Support Options: Live Chat and Email.
Markets.com offers there clients a range of different platforms to trade with. Likely to be the most popular among serious traders is the very powerful MetaTrader 4 platform which allows traders to undertake various forms of technical analysis, as well as automatically trading the market through the use of Expert Advisors. This is not the only platform available for clients of Markets.com, with the proprietary HTML5 MarketsWebtrade also being on offer. . It is also possible to trade on the move with the Markets.com mobile platform, developed using HTML 5 the platform can be accessed by anyone using a mobile device. As mobile trading platforms go the Markets.com offering is pretty impressive and will be of interest to those who are keen to manage positions on the move.
- Leverage: Up t0 1:300 on all.
- Scalping: Allowed.
- Expert Advisors: Allowed.
- Hedging: Allowed.
- Trailing Stops: No Longer Offered.
- Spreads: Variable or Fixed Spread Accounts available. EUR/USD variable target 2.2 pips. EUR/USD fixed 3 pips.
Trading conditions at Markets.com are pretty reasonable. The use of Expert Advisors is allowed but there are certain limitations on how close stop losses can be placed to a newly opened position. Other than this very little limitations are placed on the use of Expert Advisors at Markets.com. The leverage on offer is pretty decent with Markets.com offering leverage of 1:300 on all instruments available on the platform. While other regulated brokerages do offer a higher amounts of leverage, the leverage on offer at Markets.com should be more than enough for the average trader. The fixed spreads again are similar to those on offer at other brokerages offering fixed spread trading and making a decision regarding whether to use fixed or variable spreads is likely to come down to what trading style you adopt.
Instruments offered by Markets.com
- Number of Currency Pairings: 50 (including a number of exotic pairings).
- Other Instruments: Precious Metals, Stocks, Commodities and Bonds.
Markets.com has a very good range of currency pairings available to trade and the vast majority of traders should be able to trade every instrument they desire. Where Markets.com is particularly stands out is in the range of other instruments offered on the platform, with traders having the ability to trade a range of Commodities, Stocks, Bonds and Indices. This impressive range of CFD’s will certainly attract people who are not solely interested in Forex trading and offers up a number of interesting trading opportunities. The ability to trade more than just Forex is something that should be commended and the offering of non-forex instruments at Markets.com is pretty impressive.
- Contact Methods:Email and Live chat.
Telephone Numbers: Wide range of international numbers.(Phone support discontinued 2017)
- Supported Languages: Arabic,Dutch, English, French, German, and Italian.
Customer Support at Markets.com is pretty decent and I have never personally had any trouble with customer support. The staff is helpful and nice.
- Regulated: By CySEC of Cyprus and the FSB grant the broker a license to passport its activities throughout Europe.
- Fined by CySEC in 2016.
- MiFID Regulated: Yes, can accept clients from throughout the European Union.
- Can Accept US Traders: No.
- Regulatory Record: Without a blemish.
Those interested in finding a brokerage that offers both Forex and a range of other instruments may well be very interested in trading with Markets.com. Nothing says reputation, trust and regulation more than this brand, that even though it offers fairly standard trading conditions, the fact everything runs the way it supposed to, A to Z, make it superb.
Tell us what you think of our Markets.com Review, if you have had any experiences positive or otherwise we would love to hear from you in the comments.
Please note: There are a lot of discussion here on the review’s comment section from back in 2013-2014 discussing Markets.com’s unfavorable spreads. Back in those days, Markets.com was not one of the recommend brokers on TheFXView.com. Markets.com review was updated in 2016, 2017 and eventually in 2018 to reflect their new much-better systems and trading conditions. The spreads which were unacceptable by many of our readers back then have improved and we recommend you to give it a try.